Saturday, March 22, 2008

Momentous Occasion

So we were in a really weird mood tonight as you can see from the mall pics...but as we were pulling out of our super clean driveway, freshly shoveled today, we were admiring our work and reminiscing about how we've been the absolute LAST people on our block and the block ahead of us to do any shoveling this winter, especially in the driveway. In fact, I think we shoveled our driveway for the first time last Saturday, so we were really bummed when the snow came and covered up all our work. Then we realized we might be the ONLY driveway on these 2 blocks to actually BE shoveled because everyone else thought:

1) there was hardly any snow on it anyway
2) it'll probably all melt in 2 days because it's so nice outside and it's not worth doing

So while we weren't the only people with a clean , we did notice some friendly neighbors who shall remain nameless (except he just put up a sweet post about a pink shirt if you really need to know), but their driveway has seriously ALWAYS been clean, but today it actually wasn't! To celebrate this momentous event that may never happen again (our driveway being clean or their's not being clean), we took pics to show you.


P.S. They're probably out of town. Or opted for number 1 or 2 :) P.S.S. We totally love having you as neighbors!! (you know who you are!)

2 comments:

Christy said...

I can't believe Ernie hasn't seen this yet!! That is hilarious! It took a lot of self-discipline for him to purposely not shovel, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up getting to him and he gives in. :) Looks like you guys had fun - nice job on your driveway!

Unknown said...

Busted! I'm so ashamed of myself and the fact that you have actual evidence makes me feel even worse! But in my defense, I'm doing this on the principle that no one should have to shovel in mid-March! I know I have disappointed you this one time, but I hope I can continue to set a high bar for yard maintenance for our street.